Thrills!

Thrills!
I like to call this one "The Zamboni"

Thursday, March 8, 2007

Cannonball of Humiliation

When I was in the 4th grade, there was this incredible girl that I liked named Jeannie. She was "going with" (which was the terminology at time) this asshole jock guy.
One time I got enough courage to talk to her. I asked if she was still going with Rob. She blushed and said "No. Why do you ask?"
I was really shy and just said "oh, I was just wondering". And that was it. I couldn't do it. Afterwards and even today I'm kicking myself for being so reluctant to confess my feelings at that moment. I could have gotten to know her. She was really cool. Years later I spotted her at the swimming pool sitting with her legs in the water. I tried to impress her by running and doing a cannonball into the pool. I hadn't noticed that it was break time and no one was allowed in the pool. So not only did I end up splashing gallons of water on her and her mom but the life guard was blowing his whistle at me so loud I thought his head would pop. Everyone at the swimming pool was looking me. She and her mom were pissed. I didn't mean to splash them but see I was so engrossed in the fact that she was there that I lost sight of things and made an ass out of myself. But even though at the time I was horrified at what I'd done and had completely embarrassed myself, it now makes me laugh at how funny it must have looked. I never told that story to anyone before. But I should have.
So the moral of the story is that you have to make the move and then let what happens happen. It will only make you stronger.

No comments:

My Favorite video in the whole world